Private files are not visible to other team members. They are useful for any files that contain sensitive information or not ready to be shared broadly yet.
Here are a few things to know:
- Private files are not visible to team members
- You can invite specific collaborators to private files
- Private files cannot be added to folders
- Only the creator of the file can set / un-set a file as private
To create a private file, go to Private Files (
P) on the dashboard, then click on "New File".
After opening a file, click on Share". Open the "File Visibility" dropdown and select "Private (Just Me)". Note that only the file creator can change file visibility.
There are two ways to share a private file to other users. From the "Share" modal, you can:
- Add a Collaborator by sending an invite email.
- Toggle on Share to Web on and share the link to other users. Note that private files can still be shared to the web via a public link. They will just not be visible from other team members' dashboards.
Updated 11 months ago